QAV-R FPV Racing Quadcopter (5") RTF w/ FrSky Rx
The Lumenier QAV-R FPV racing quadcopter airframe is a light weight, super stiff, finely tuned airframe designed for high performance FPV Drone Racing. The airframe implements 4mm thick removable arms and supports various arm sizes supporting 4", 5", and 6" propellers. Lumenier's QAV-R brand comprises a number of highly specialized components for the FPV Drone Racer. This newest version of the QAV-R features a stronger carbon fiber bottom plate and thicker 2mm top plate, giving you the best of both durability and performance.
This RTF has been fully built and test flown for you, so you can simply bind your FrSky radio and go! Our professional build team takes the guess work out of building and tuning for you by pre-programming the flight controller settings and using only high quality lumenier motors, ESCs and FPV gear.
The Lumenier QAV-R quad deploys and improves the removable center X arm position made popular in pro pilot circles by the Alien racing quad and further refines the popular center section of the Lumenier QAV210/180 with a number of key innovations. To enable extremely fast arm changeovers in race pit settings, the QAV-R frame implements custom developed, precision machined aluminum mounting hardware. This hardware allows a pilot to remove an arm by removing 3 screws from the bottom of the airframe without the need to worry about holding nuts or other hardware on the inside of the airframe. One 2mm Allen tool is all that is needed to completely remove an arm within seconds. The custom aluminum hardware also stiffens the frame core and eliminates the need for captive nuts that would have to be press fit into the Carbon Fiber. No structural connection is made between the arm fasteners and the power distribution board to avoid shorts during severe crashes. The bare QAV-R frame kit weighs only 106g (with PDB, but no other electronics or motors), significantly lighter than the competition.
The airframe comes with all Aluminum hardware. All screws are premium, black oxide steel. The long aluminum spacers are also anodized black and, for the first time, have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe.
Lumenier has a wide variety of accessories available for the QAV-R airframe. These accessories include a QuickSwap power distribution board, high quality carrying case, a super bright RGB LED board, vibration isolation HD camera mount, and more.
- This RTF version is fully built, test flown and comes with everything to get you going. Just bind the receiver and setup your radio and you're good to go.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe featuring a solid 2mm main plate and 4mm removable arms
- Custom aluminum hardware to enable one tool, quick swapping of arms in race pit settings
- Black Oxide steel screws
- Easy grip anodized spacers
- Lumenier Neoprene Landing Pads
- Multiple motor mounting holes to fit a variety of motors (M3 and M2 screw mounting patterns).
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, just like the QAV250.
- Flight controller cover plate includes cutouts for SMA connector and video transmitter as well as a holder for the included XT-60 Lipo pig-tail.
- Included Lumenier 4Power power distribution board and XT-60 Pig-Tail to power ESCs and FPV flight electronics. The PDB can optionally be outfitted with a Pololu 12v or 5v voltage step-down (Pololu board not included).
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a 1300mah 3 or 4s)
- Support for 32mm board cams as well as 26mm cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650.
- Support to carry HD camera (such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, or GoPro Session) with optional camera vibration mount (not included)
- Airframe: 99g (airframe + hardware), 106 (with PDB).
- AUW: The QAV-R FPV Quadcopter is flown with an AUW of 340g (excluding battery)
RTF Included Components and Parts
- A fully built and tested Lumenier QAV-R FPV Racing Quadcopter 5"
- 5" Anti-Vibration neoprene tape
- 1x Lumenier lipo strap
- 8x Lumenier 5x4x3 (4xCW, 4xCCW Colors may vary)
- 4x Lumenier RX2206-11 2350Kv motors
- 4x Lumenier F390 30A BLHeli OPTO ESC
- 1x Lumenier CM-650 Mini - 650TVL Camera
- 1x Lumenier TX5G2R Mini 200mW 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter with Raceband
- 1x Lumenier LUX Flight Controller pre-programmed and test flown using SBUS receivers
- 1x FrSky X4R-SB - 3/16 Channel Receiver w/ SBUS
- The airframe is professionally hand built and test flown.
Additional Suggested Parts (not included in the RTF)
- Lipo: Lumenier 1300mAh 3s or Lumenier 1300mAh 4s
- RC TX/RX: FrSky Taranis X9D Plus 2.4GHz ACCST Radio & X8R Combo
- FPV Goggles: Fat Shark Attitude V3
- HD Recording Camera: Mobius Action Camera - 1080P HD
- HD Camera Mount: QAV180/210 Carbon Fiber Vibration Damping Camera Plate (GoPro or Mobius)
Hook up instructions for the Lumenier LUX version(current version of RTF)
The LUX flight controller comes pre-flashed with the latest version of BetaFlight. You can download the configuration software here.
The LUX flight controller has been configured for use with SBUS receivers such as the X4R-SB. For more information on receiver installation and configuring the LUX for PPM or Spektrum Satellite, please reference the LUX Manual.